L E P/Kinship
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Is there a term, which can be equally used to speak about father or mother without stating his/her gender (like "tsmuk")?
mate, spouse (A)
- or husband vs. wife?
grandparent, grandchild (B)
- gender specific like sempul and sa'nok, or neutral (with possibility for gender suffixes)?
- what we call each other if our (grand)children marry
- what do we call each other if we marry sibs?
friend, enemy (A)
- Russian demarcates best/life friend, good friend, friend, s.o. one is friendly with, colleague, acquaintance, etc. Na'vi? What of 'enemy'? (don't like s.o. vs. rival vs. implacable foe) Peer group / age cohort / initiation cohort?
family, clan, tribe, nation (A)
- which levels are discerned? Ckaha clan vs. Omatikaya tribe?
boyfriend, girlfriend (B)
- Doubtless Na'vi matchmaking customs differ — what's the idea for someone in whom you're first showing interest?