L E P/Possession
own (v) (C)
share (v) (A)
- "To use momentarily with the intention of returning the possession." And lend?
haggle, barter, negotiate a trade (C)
trade, exchange (A)
win (v) (B)
- The sky people cannot win!
- Do the Na'vi have contests?
worth (n, v) (B)
- This bow isn't worth anything — it'll break!
- incl. homeless
- needs provided for
gather, collect (A)
- Today we will gather roots.
hold, have in one's hands (A)
- Why are you holding that?
- I'll keep this until you're grown up enough for it.
- Keep it.
available, at hand (B)
- My bow is at hand for you to use.
claim, assert ownership of (C)
- I claim this spot!
exhaust, use up (C)
- He used up all the warpaint!
- The meat from the last hunt is gone.
- This bow I'm making is a gift for my sister.
profit, gain, benefit (C)
- It won't gain us anything to follow that herd.
- Following his advice will benefit us
- The sky people waste their water.
- Don't waste the war paint.
pile (up) (C)
- First, pile up some sticks for the fire.
- This bird makes a pile of stones to attract a mate.