L E P/Sense perception
- This is the only color word that seems both useful and missing from the list we have now. Dark "red-orange"? Do we have modifiers for color words? Or say things like "earth colored"?
- My sight is poor these days.
taste, flavor (n) (= fahew?) (B)
- do we go w human flavors, salt sour bitter sweet savory? strong mild? picante? do we combine with scent? By the way: Is "fahew" pejorative (like German "Gestank") in contrast to neutral/general scent (German: "Geruch") and positive scent (German: "Duft"), or is "fahew" a generic term, maybe with the affect infixes distinguishing positive from negative?
taste (v) (B)
- the food tastes good vs. I taste the food: tìg ftxì ?
sound (good) (B)
- This music sounds great!
- A generic grammatical way for these middle senses ("I look at a painting," vs. "the painting looks good", etc) could be helpful.
rough, coarse (B)
- My hammock is rough.
smooth, not textured (B)
tough, durable (B)
- This rope is tough.
light (not heavy) (A)
bright, glowing, luminous (adj) (A)
- The reflection off the lake was bright.
- leatan maybe? Different qualities and sorts of light --- from the sun, from Polyphemus, from bioluminescence, etc --- discussed at .
- My clothes got wet when my ikran took a swim.
sticky, tacky (B)
- Watch out for that sap! It is very sticky.
- Do cold objects and cold weather use the same word?
- Is som hot weather, or a hot object, or both? And are there degrees of hot and cold (warm and cool) as separate lexical items?
view (n) (C)
- scenery, landscape
- range of eyesight
- the act of viewing (like German: "Ansicht", while the two examples above are "Aussicht").
eagle-eyed, observant (B)
- Russian: зоркий
caustic, corrosive (C)
- This plant has a caustic sap
spicy (hot) (C)
experience through tsaheylu (A)
- and related word/concepts
complex, detailed, elaborated (C)
- Sky People's thinking is too complex.
- The decorations on her bow are very detailed.
- My grandmother tells detailed stories.
perfect, exquisite, having finesse (C)
- Txewì shoots his bow just perfectly.
- She always says the right (perfect) thing to calm people down.
- That torch is shining too brightly.
- The plains clan's land is quite flat.
- Lay the cloth flat across your legs.
flexible, pliant (C)
- This fiber isn't very flexible.
stiff, firm, unyielding (C)
- This wood is too firm to make a good bow.
- Keep adding flour until the dough is stiff.
prominent, conspicuous, obvious (C)
- They knew they had found their way back when they saw the conspicuous rock outcropping on the hillside.
- Our Hometree is very prominent and easy to find.
- When I compare teylu to yerik, I'd much rather eat the yerik.
- When I compare teylu and yerik, the yerik is much better when cooked.
- Compared to moss, flowers are much more colorful.
- Also adv. and n. forms, "That tree is comparatively low/short," "I can't agree with your comparison of Tsu'tey and Jake."
- goop/slimy stuff
- (be) comfortable
relevant, pertinent, germane (C)
- adj. or verb cf: «tsranten»
- set of specific circumstances
- Not necessarily deliberately.
phenomenon / emergence / 'happening' (C)
- The new phenomenon was surprising to everyone and foretold neither by prophecy nor omen.
- I might try to build it as tì'onglen or as tì'ong or tì'len separately.
- The Sky people get very... fragrant... after a while in the forest.
- For any strong aroma.