These are transcriptions of spoken Na'vi from various audio-only sources, primarily the film Avatar. Please note that these are not canonical transcriptions; they have been developed by the Learn Na'vi community and represent our best effort to document what is actually being said.
This page is a work in progress. You can help! If your Na'vi is pretty good, you can participate in transcription discussions on the Learn Na'vi forum. Even if you're still learning, you can help copy transcriptions from those discussions over to this page. See below for more details.
- Kaltxì. Ngaru lu fpom srak?
- "Hello. How are you?" (literally: "Are you well?")
How To Help
Look through the forum to find threads discussing audio clips from the movie and/or interviews. Copy and paste transcriptions from those threads into this page.
Include multiple transcriptions if they are offered with any credible support. If there is a dispute in the thread about the correct transcription, include all that have any support (be generous to all sides).
Include English translations where provided. If multiple translations are offered, include them all. Match each translation with the corresponding Na'vi transcription. If a canonical translation is available, note that, including the source of the translations (such as the movie subtitles).
Link back to the forum threads where the transcriptions came from. Reply to those threads saying you've added the transcriptions to the Audio Transcriptions page and thank the contributors.
Trying to collect all the lines in Na'vi (both subtitled and not) here.
New York Times article
Source: audio sample by Frommer, with English subtitles, in NY Times article.
Posted by Roger. Updated by Tirea Aean.
- Oel hu Txewì trram na’rìngit tarmok.
- oe-l hu Txewì trram na’rìng-it t‹arm›ok.
- I-erg with (name) yesterday forest-acc occupy‹pst.imfv›
- "Yesterday I was with Txewì in the forest
- Tsole'a syeptutet atsawl frato mì sìrey.
- Ts‹ol›e'a syeptute-t a-tsawl frato mì sìrey.
- see‹pfv› trapper-acc attr-big supl in life
- "and we saw the biggest Trapper[type of carnivorous plant] I've ever seen."
- Lu fo lehrrap.
- lu fo lehrrap
- be they dangerous
- "Those things are dangerous."
- Tsun tutet tspivang ko.
- tsun tute-t tsp‹iv›ang ko
- be.able person-acc kill‹sjv› eh
- "They can kill a person, you know."
- Oe omun.
- "I know."
- Nari soli ayoe fteke nìhawng livok.
- nari s‹ol›i ay-oe fte-ke nì-hawng l‹iv›ok
- eye do‹pfv› pl-I so.that-not adv-excessive close‹sjv›
- "We were careful not to get too close."