L E P/Religion and belief
paradise, afterlife (A)
- do the Na'vi "move on"? if so, to where? by what means?
- also generally to give up something loved for a perceived greater good
ritual, ceremony (A)
- e.g. Jake's adoption into Omatikaya
unholy, cursed (B)
- opposite of swok
unholy place, cursed place (B)
- opposite of swotu
- is swotu correct?
holy person (B)
- opposite of vrrtep?
- we might need Cameron to answer this, first
- gift from Eywa
curse (n. or v.) (B)
- The Tsahìk called down a curse upon the murdering skypeople
- Curse you, ma vrrtep!
- e.g. Eywa sending the Pandoran wildlife to help the Na'vi defeat the Sky-People
- would the Na'vi have this concept?
- a vile, shameful, evil deed and/or person
- communicating the deepest spiritual loathing
- might be something like cutting off another Na'vi's queue for no good reason other than, well, you just didn't like him
grave, funeral, to bury, corpse, dead body (B)
- seen in the movie
destiny, fate, providence (B)
- where do the Na'vi stand in the Free Will debate?
eternal (adv), eternity (n) (B)
- the act of fulfilling an oath/promise given by someone else; the act of fulfilling an obligation owed by someone else.
- someone who fulfils the oath/promise given by someone else; someone who fulfills an obligation owed by someone else.
- to fulfill an obligation; to complete a promise/oath.
- the eternal part of a being - eg even if a person's spirit/memory was unable to be one with Eywa, their soul would still exist. confirm *vitra
- ask Eywa to do something (Jake "prayed" for help before the battle)
- if doing what Jake did is un-Na'vi (Neytiri hints at this), how about non-religious meanings ("implore, beg")?