Na'vi Speakers and Learners Registry
This is a list of people who speak Na'vi or are learning to speak Na'vi. If you're one of those people, edit this page and add yourself to the list. Stand up and be counted!
Note: this wiki-based registry is a trial! It could be removed or drastically altered at any time. If you have suggestions for improving the registry, please join the discussion on the Learn Na'vi forum.
- Add yourself to the correct section!
- Use your real name, your Na'vi name, your nickname, your forum name... any name you like. Just don't register more than once.
- Add your name, plus (optionally) a one-line blurb about yourself. You could provide contact information, your geographic location, why you're learning Na'vi, how far along you are in your studies, your favorite Na'vi word or phrase, etc. Just keep it to a single line, about the size of a Twitter message.
- Use Wiki formatting (optionally) to link your name or parts of your blurb to appropriate websites, like your home page, Facebook page, Twitter page, Wikipedia user page, etc.
- If you aren't sure how to use Wiki formatting, copy-and-paste from someone else's entry and modify it appropriately.
What section should I add myself to?
- Native speakers:
- You were raised speaking Na'vi. Hey, it could happen!
- Fluent speakers:
- You can participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, professional, and abstract topics.
- You can read with almost complete comprehension and at normal speed expository prose on unfamiliar subjects and a variety of literary texts.
- You can express yourself effectively in most formal and informal writing on practical, social and professional topics.
- Intermediate speakers:
- You can ask and answer questions and participate in simple conversations.
- You can consistently read and understand simple texts dealing with a variety of basic and social needs.
- You can write short, simple letters involving personal preferences, daily routine, everyday events, and other topics grounded in personal experience.
- None of the above, but you're working on it!
Several, probably - make yourself known!
- User:Nìwotxkrr Yawntsaheylu - Wisconsin. Not completely fluent but has a good understanding of the language. AKA Na'vi's first pronunciation communist.
- Your Name Here!
- Erimeyz - Southern United States. Working on the fundamentals, working on the wiki.
- Eanmenari - Laramie, Wyoming and Reston, Virginia. Working on the fundamentals.
- Eywayä Kato - Concord, California. Working on the fundamentals.
- Ohe Kame Nga - Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Alexandre Cisneiros Filho - Recife, PE, Brazil. Translating some documents into Portuguese and trying to learn the Language!
- Montana Reytx - Okanagan, Canada. Oel Na'viti nerume nìftxavang. (Learning Na'vi with a passion. Hopefully that made sense!)
- The Butchmeister
- skxawng - Queensland Australia. complete novice just getting my head around the massive alphabet