Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 08:50, 10 January 2010 by Erimeyz (Created page with 'Here are some resources helpful to those studying the Na'vi language. == Canonical Sources == Material published by Paul Frommer or officially tied to the movie. * [http://lan…')
Here are some resources helpful to those studying the Na'vi language.
Material published by Paul Frommer or officially tied to the movie.
- Some highlights of Na'vi - A post by Paul Frommer to the Language Log blog on December 19, 2009 describing many aspects of the language. Written for linguists, very technical.
- Avatar: A Confidential Report on the Biological and Social History of Pandora aka "The Activist Survival Guide" or "ASG" (Amazon link, Browsable link from publisher) - An official companion book to the movie, it is considered canonical but is known to contain numerous errors in it's use of Na'vi.
- The Na'vi Language page on Wikipedia - A compilation of everything we know about the language so far. Comprehensive and well-researched but very technical.
- Na'vi Pocket Guide compiled by Karyu Amawey
- Na'vi Pocketmod Guide compiled by MidnightLightning - a guide that can be folded to pocket-size (must login to forum to download)
- Na'vi Language page on the Avatar wiki
- Crash Course in Linguistic Terminology Used for Na'vi compiled by Karyu Amawey
- The Na'vi Grammar compiled by Taronyu (work in progress)
Grammar and Syntax Guides
- The Learn Na'vi grammar page
- Na'vi Compendium compiled by Eywa mokriyä
- Na'vi Inflections compiled by Taronyu
- Na'vi Inflection, Skimmable Version compiled by kawng mungeyu (must login to forum to download)
- Easy guide to the suffixes, infixes, and prefixes of Na'vi compiled by tute nuereime
- Guide to Connectors compiled by Tanhì'itan
Dictionaries, Wordlists, and Phrasebooks
- Na'vi - English Dictionary compiled by Taronyu - comprehensive, well-documented, and meticulously researched
- The Learn Na'vi vocabulary page - categorized, sortable, searchable, contains links to pronunciation audio clips
- A Wiktionary appendix of Na'vi words
- English-to-Na'vi and Na'vi-to-English categorized glossaries compiled by Eywa mokriyä
- The Na'vi Corpus on the Learn Na'vi Wiki - a compilation of all known good sentences from canonical sources (i.e. interviews with and correspondence from Paul Frommer)
- Na'vi word list on My Suburban Destiny - an early compilation taken from the ASG word list, now considered outdated and inaccurate
- Spoken Na'vi Words by Ftiafpi and omängum fra'uti: Na'vi and English, Na'vi only, Links to individual words
- Na'vi English Audio Dictionary compiled by Taronyu - Dictionary with links to audio clips for individual words
Other Learning Aids
- Na'vi Language Tool by irongamer - a web-based word list and quiz generator, incorporating audio clips and images
- Worksheets by Skxawng and Taronyu
- Worksheets by Na'vatar (must login to forum to download)
- Na'vi Vocabulary Quiz by Kiki and txum tukru
- Na'vi-to-English and [English-to-Na'vi] Automated Translators by Tuiq
- Na'vi-to-English Automated Translator by MidnightLightning
- Na'vi Learning Guide by Yoru (work in progress, must login to forum to download)
- Na'vi version of Rosetta Stone by Pxi (work in progress)