L E P/Clothing and grooming
grooming each other (C)
- Do the Na'vi groom each other as humans and chimps do? either for picking off parasites or for social bonding?
put on, don (A)
- I will put on my flying goggles.
- Some languages distinguish how one puts on clothing by the nature of action required to accomplish it .
footwear, shoes (C)
- Is there nowhere on Pandora where footwear isn't required?
- as Neytiri wore
- as all the Na'vi wear
- Which holds the loincloth on.
- Is that thing Mo'at jabbed Jake with the same sort of word?
jewelry, ornaments, decorations (C)
- earrings, tiaras, plumes etc.
cloth, textiles (A)
- The most generic term.
clothes, clothing, attire (A)
- general term
braid (n. and v.) (B)
- si construct?
warrior's cut, mohawk (B)
- partially shaved head, hairstyle worn by hunters and warriors
comb, brush (C)
- Noun and verb both for dealing with hair.
- I am careful to adorn myself well in the morning.
- Different words for ceremonial vs. day-to-day adornment?
- We make these white beads with yerik bone.
- As Neytiri wears.
- Neytiri made Jake's necklace (more like chokers) for him.
nude, naked (C)
spin (fibers, thread) (C)
- If this isn't the sense of kìm (in which case we need spin around).